Adding an upgrade to your home décor doesn’t have to involve a major renovation or a considerable expense. Changing up your lighting fixtures can instantly change your home’s ambiance, and one of the most striking options available is the Starburst Chandelier. This type of chandelier has been around for decades, but it’s recently made a stunning comeback in modern interior design. Whether you’re a fan of the retro look or love the contemporary spin of starburst chandeliers, you’re sure to find an option that perfectly suits your taste.
What Are Starburst Chandeliers?
Starburst chandeliers refer to a type of lighting fixture that features a spherical core and several thin metal rods radiating outwards like rays. The design can vary from minimalist to ornate, with some sporting Swarovski crystals or LED lights at the tips of the spokes that give off a stunning shimmer. The overall effect is dramatic, and starburst chandeliers can create an impressive focal point in any room. They can be hung in entryways, living rooms, dining rooms, or even in bedrooms with high ceilings.
Starburst Chandeliers Through the Years
Starburst chandeliers first became popular in the 1950s and 1960s as part of the midcentury modern design movement. This period was all about clean lines and minimalist style, and the starburst chandelier fit right in. The chandeliers were usually made with brass, iron, or aluminum, and they were designed to provide task lighting in dining rooms and offices.
In the 1970s, starburst chandeliers fell out of fashion as interior decorating trends moved toward more natural materials like wood and stone. But in the past few years, the starburst chandelier has re-emerged as a beloved midcentury modern icon, thanks in part to TV shows like “Mad Men.”
Today, designers have updated the classic design with modern touches like LED lights and bold colors.
Choosing the Perfect Starburst Chandelier
When it comes to picking the perfect starburst chandelier, there are several things to consider:
- Size: Consider the room’s size, ceiling height, and furniture placement. A general rule is that the chandelier should be roughly two-thirds the width of the table it’s hanging over.
- Style: Choose a style that complements your existing décor. If you have a minimalist space, go for a sleek design. If your style is more eclectic, choose a chandelier that incorporates pops of color or crystals.
- Finish: There are many finishes available for starburst chandeliers, including brass, chrome, black, and white. Consider which one will look best in your space.
- Price: Starburst chandeliers can be pricey, so set a budget before you start shopping. Keep in mind that some options may be more affordable than others, depending on the materials and size of the chandelier.
Caring for Your Starburst Chandelier
Keep your starburst chandelier looking its best with these care tips:
- Use a microfiber cloth or feather duster to regularly dust the chandelier’s spokes and core.
- Avoid using solvents or water-based cleaners that can damage the finish or crystals.
- Consult a professional if the chandelier needs to be rewired or repaired.
Hanging Floral Chandelier Weddings: A Stunning Statement Piece for Your Big Day
When it comes to wedding décor, there are countless options to choose from. From centerpieces to table linens, every detail contributes to the overall aesthetic of your big day. However, one trend that has been gaining popularity in recent years is the use of hanging floral chandeliers. These stunning arrangements not only add a touch […]